Rule of Thirds – Composition
In this comprehensive composition class you will learn:
1. What makes a good painting
2. Telling a story in your paintings
3. Primary and Secondary Focal points
4. How to create the illusion of depth in your paintings
5. Different techniques used to compose a painting so that the painting will be pleasing to look at.
6. How to keep the viewers eye in your painting
I sort of stumbled onto this class. I had just abandoned a painting of a hawk soaring over a meadow. I knew something was wrong, the painting wasn\'t going anywhere. This class told me why - I was violating a bunch of rules. Just having an interesting subject is not enough. This class shows what it takes to make a painting work. If I try the hawk painting again, I have a lot of work to do to make the composition work. Very helpful class.
A very comprehensive tutorial on Composition.
Thank you for this tutorial. I am getting back into painting after a long time of not painting. Your tutorial reminded me of the early days and it was great to go back to basics again.
Part 2 - What makes a good Painting
A great painting tells a story, just like a book or a movie does. You will find how characters, setting, plot, etc. all have their place in your painting. Is your painting going to be a drama, a comedy, a romance?
You May Also Like