How to Draw Transparent Waves in Pastel
Waves are not the easiest to paint because of the movement of the water. The most spectacular is when a waves thins out just before it crashes and the light shines through the "window" from behind. In this class you will paint a large breaking wave, as well as the "roll-over" in pastel. The surfer indicates the size of the wave.
In this lesson you are going to learn:
1. How to draw the shape of the wave(s)
2. How to sort out the colours
3. How to indicate the spray
4. How to show the water reflections
5. How to draw the foam streaks.
Really enjoyed this class!Dennis makes creating transparent waves so easy!!!
You May Also Like