100 Hot Drawing Ideas
Drawing Inspiration at Your Fingertips
Let's face it, we all struggle with what to draw next. This article will give you the 100 hottest drawing ideas which you can use as inspiration for your next project.
If you are not sure which one to pick, then write out the list below onto a scrap piece of paper, close you eyes and point to a spot on the paper. Whichever item you are pointing at, is what you draw.
For even more ideas, scroll past the list, there I show you 8 ways to increase this list tenfold within seconds.
What is important is that you keep drawing - draw small quick sketches sometimes, draw large intricate projects at other times. Either way it is the practice that you are getting which will ensure you keep improving.
Remember practice makes perfect
Need More Inspiration?
This list is not just meant to give you a specific drawing idea, it is your springboard to thousands more drawing ideas.
This is how you can use the list to generate as many subjects to draw as you want:
- You can take the subject and draw it as you see. For example if an item on the list suggests drawing a shoe, then you can draw a shoe.
- You can draw the opposite if what the list suggests. In our shoe example you may decide that the opposite of a shoe in a bare foot, then you can draw a foot.
- You can draw a complimentary item to the one on the list, so in our example you may draw a still life with socks and shoes.
- You can draw something similar to the one on the list, like a gumboot or pair of roller skates
- You can make up a story using the item on the list. For our shoe example, you may think of drawing a shoe walking in to town to go buy some shoelaces. Then you draw that scene.
- You can decide what emotion the item on the list makes you think of, then draw that emotion. For example, a shoe may make you think of something funny that happened recently while you were out hiking, so you then capture that laughter in your drawing by drawing rendering of the funny scene from the hiking trip.
- You can think of what rhymes with the word on the list and draw that. For example, shoe rhymes with kangaroo, so you can draw a kangaroo.
- You can even take that a step further by thinking up a poem or saying containing the item on the list....
As you can see with just a little bit of imagination, this list of 100 items can quickly become thousands.
The important thing is to use the to keep yourself drawing. When you find yourself sitting without inspiration, pick any item on the list and start drawing. The minute you start drawing you will be able to relax and enjoy the process of drawing.
When that happens you will find that your brain also relaxes and that is when the ideas for the next drawing start to flow.